Saturday, April 6, 2013

Some Mobile Fun

Since Little Bear's 1st birthday, I have had a simple handmade paper mobile hanging above his crib but it lacked some refinement and pizazz (sorry no before picture).  But anyways, I finally got around to sprucing it up and now its just lovely and goes so well with the jungle theme in his room.  
It was really pretty easy to make and of coarse, I incorporated some sewing into its design.  I used a paper punch and punched out a ton of circles from some card stock that I had on the bottom of my paper pile.  I then ran all of the circles through my sewing machine and sewed them into a string using a basting stitch and some heavy grade quilting thread.  Then using the core of a empty plotter paper roll from work, I cover that in some cute wrapping paper and strung some bright blue thread through it as a hanger.  I hung it over Little Bear's crib, then hung the paper circle chain over the tube and taped it into place at decent intervals along the tube.  
The end effect turned out even better than I expected!  It looks like a colorful waterfall of paper falling over his crib as he sleeps at night. 
Plus, Little Bear likes to try grabbing it or blowing at it to make it move and shimmer above his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment