Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Nine-Patch Jean Quilt - Finished!!

Have you ever had one of those projects where you feel like you have been working on it for simply forever?  I've had one of those and this summer marked 4 years since I began to make a "simple" nice patch quilt out of old blue jeans.   I would eagerly work away on it for a time and then for one reason or another, it would get shoved into the back of the closet and forgotten about for months at a time.  Well, over the past 2 weeks, I said "Enough!  This must get finished!"  It was just taking up too much valuable space in my closet which I could be using to store my ever growing fabric stash.  So here it is, all finished up and beautiful. 
We were down to my sister Katie's farm this past weekend and the split rail fence in her front yard made the perfect place to hang this quilt and snap a few pictures to celebrate its completion. 
I love the firefly/bug flannel I used as the binding and for a sash through the quilt's back.  It makes it so happy and gives it the perfect feel for a picnic quilt. 
My two sisters, Emily and Sally, were great sports (especially since its a very heavy quilt) and held it up so I could get a few pictures of the entire front and back of the quilt.
 My husband, Little Bear, and my nephew (Little Man) all had fun trying it out for me.  
 
Verdict - the perfect picnic and/or wrestling on the front lawn quilt!

1 comment: