Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!

This was my first official Mother’s Day as a mom! And although I didn’t do really anything that special, it was still a pretty amazing day because I have this amazing little boy in my life!
Even though he was a surprise and slightly unexpected, I honestly cannot imagine having a life without him in it. He gives me so much joy and it’s amazing how much I have grown as a person and in my relationship with God by being a mom. I am starting to understand why they say that children are a gift from God because they truly are.
Ben even got me flowers! Well sort of… I had to take myself to the greenhouse to get them and plant them myself on our porch but still – I got flowers for Mother’s Day! hahaha

It is also a pretty amazing day in that fact that I still have my mom who I nearly lost to breast cancer 5 years ago. Since that time, my mom has become one of my closest friends and I know that she is always there for me and I can talk to her about anything! I love that!

However, there is still some sadness that comes with Mother’s Day as I know so many amazing women who are close and dear to my heart whose deepest wish is to be a mom. I hope and pray that someday God will give them the opportunity to be a mom and experience all the amazing joys that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment