Friday, May 18, 2012

Latest Sewing Project:

My latest big sewing project is a baby quilt for my husband’s brother and his wife. They were just approved to be foster parent and are hoping to soon have a child (between infant and 3 years old) placed with them. They don’t know if they will be given a boy or a girl, but they are excited to be foster parents.
I wanted to do something nice for them since it sort of will be their first little one so I am in the process of making a nice little quilt for them. I chose some pretty gender neutral material from JoAnn Fabrics. I cut so many little triangles and below are some pictures of my progress thus far:

 

I decided to go with a pinwheel/hour glass pattern on the front and so far its turning out pretty well.
I’ll keep you all posted as I get more finished in my spare time (you know - in between watching little Ben and doing dishes and laundry and working).
update - Here is what it looks like all finished! :)

Oh and this is a picture of some of my material stash staring at me begging to be made into something!

Happy Friday all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment