Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby Shower Gifts

It seems as though there has been a rediculously large baby boom in my extended family, my husband's extended family and among our friend the last two years.  It certainly doesn't look to be slowing down any time soon either!  I'm ok with that though because I do love babies and I love seeing the new personalities that each and every one has.  My husband's older brother and sister in law are expecting their first baby boy in a few more weeks and naturally, I just had to sew something(s) special for this special little boy.  I asked my sister-in-law if she had any ideas of what she might like and between her answers and some mamma experience, I put together a few things that will help to welcome this little boy into the world.  Now that she has had a baby shower for the little guy and received the gifts I made for him, I'm free to share all the fun things I put together. 
I just love Minky/cotton baby blankets and knew I had to made one for my nephew. Using some jungle print I had in my stash I put together this lovely.  I love the pale blue which sets off the print perfectly. 
And what baby doesn't need a whole pile of burp clothes especially in the first few months.  Don't you just love the little blue elephants on the top pile? I also put together a stack of squishy fleece blocks for the little guy to enjoy when he gets older. 
And lastly, but probably my favorite, I made two baby hooded towels for the little guy.  I used This tutorial by Larissa over at Just Another Day In Paradise.  It was a really easy tutorial to follow and I love how fluffy and plush these towels turned out.  They are approximately 29"x29" finished and the perfect size to wrap up a baby in after bath time.  I added a cute sea turtle and alligator applique to the hoods for just a little extra touch of fun.   
Can't wait to meet this very special little guy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment