Friday, March 28, 2014

Hooded Baby Towels for Little One

Can you believe it?  I've been making so many projects lately (I'm blaming crazy pregnancy hormones and I think sewing a billion things is my crazy form of nesting), but anyways, I almost forgot to post this cute set of four towels that I made for our little one when he arrives.  My sister-in-law (who is due a couple weeks before me) had requested some baby towels be made for their little one.  Well, after some searching, I came upon this tutorial over on Just Another Day in Paradise and I knew it was exactly what I was looking for.  I ended up making two towels for my sister-in-law (which you can see here).  After making those two towels, I knew I had to make some for our own little one.
I ended up make four towels - two yellow and two blue towels.  And using the left over towel scraps, I also made 10 matching wash clothes for the little guy.  The bias tape I made for these towels ended up being really easy to make after I found this great tutorial to follow.  I literally made yards and yards of bias tape from just 1 yard of material.  I love the look of home made bias tape so much better than the stuff you get in the store. 
Husband Dear helped to pick out the animals I used to make the appliques on the hoods.  I love how cute they make the towels!  They just shout bath time fun!
Overall, I was thrilled with how easy these towels were to make and just how cute they turned out.  And a huge bonus for me, is that these towels are made from regular bath towels (which you can get for cheep at Target on sale!) which are super soft and fluffy - so much more soft and fluffy than most baby towels you buy in the store!  I can't wait now for little guy to arrive so we can enjoy bath time with these great new towels!

No comments:

Post a Comment