Saturday, April 5, 2014

Quiet Book - Page 9: Frog & Flies Snaps

As I approached the second to last page for these quiet books, I knew I wanted to really focus on some fun fine motor skill activities that the little ones could play with.  I stumbled across several pages of a frog sitting on a lily pad using a snap on his tongue to "catch" the flies buzzing about his head.  Such a cute idea!  Using my very best free-hand drawing skills, I managed to pull this page together.  Which I have to tell you wasn't easy given the numerous re-draws I had to do since my free-hand drawing skills are a bit lacking.  But after only a few re-started, I had a template for this page I really liked. 
At this point of putting together the quiet books, I think the quiet book craziness had overtaken me and as you can see there is a ton of small details on this page.  Small details like the tiny wings on the flies to the veins in the cattail's leaves.
And more details like the frog's cheery smile and long tongue to the veined ribbing of the lily pad he is sitting on. 
There were far too many thread color changes on my sewing machine when I was putting this page together.  But, all that extra effort on this page was really worth it.  After all, I somehow managed to make even the flies on this page look cute!  Cute flies, what?

No comments:

Post a Comment