Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Buzz Buzz - May

Have I mentioned that I've been having so much fun being a part of the #thebeehivequilts online quilting bee?  Well, I love it and I look forward to each new month to see what block the Queen Bee for that month has picked out and what direction she has as far as colors, etc. for us that month.  And it's been so fun to get to know each of these lovely ladies a little bit better every month.
For the month of May, Melanie of Southern Charm Quilts was the Queen Bee.  She picked the double star block, and she gave some great direction for color choices.  Here is the block that I sewed together for her.
I also sent along a few goodies with Melanie's block.  After a bit of sleuthing, I found out she collects milk glass - how cute is that little tea pot teabag holder?  Just prior to sending out her block, Melanie had mentioned that she had just finished putting together a quilt top that ate up all of her black and white low volume fabric so I added in a fat-eighth left over from making her block.  I just love putting together a few extra goodies and making each package special for that month's queen bee.
Just this past week, Melanie just finished putting together all of the blocks she received and made into a finished quilt.  It turned out quite beautiful and you can go check it out in her Instagram feed if you wish.  I love how her color choices really played with the block and the repeating patter.  Simply gorgeous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment