Friday, February 12, 2016

Rope Bowls on the Mind

Way back in August, I started to see rope bowls popping up in my Instagram feed.  They looked so fun to make and I really wanted to give them a try.
Well, sewing for craft shows and then sewing for Christmas kind of took priority for a while.
Finally, last weekend, I decided to give this whole rope bowl thing a try.  Oh my - are they ever addicting!  So much fun, they use up the itty bitty string scraps of fabric, the possibilities are endless as to size and how they look.
 I'm definitely not done making them and as I want a few more for myself, they make fantastically fun gifts and I'll be stocking some in my Etsy shop and for an upcoming craft show in April.
Oh and before you ask, I used this great tutorial by Tia Curtis to get me started.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.  

10 comments:

  1. What cute little bowls! I've seen them popping up. I might have to give it a try someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Definitly should give it a try - so fun!

      Delete
  2. I'm seeing these all over Instagram as well. Yours are super cute! I really like the leather tabs you've used to finish them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have rope and mountains of fabric at home, plan to make some soon. Yours are beautiful!
    What kind of needle and thread do you use to add leather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use a standard needle and dual duty Coats & Clark thread - I just take it slow and it goes through the leather and rope just fine.

      Delete
  4. Great bowls, yours look so pretty! Like how you finished them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rope bowls are great Maggie! Thanks for linking to my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rope bowls are great Maggie! Thanks for linking to my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete