Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Quilt Guild Saturday Sew Day

Every so often, the quilt guild I'm a part of holds a Saturday sew day where a bunch of us get together on a Saturday, learn a fun and quick quilt pattern, and sew quilts for our charity quilt project.  Last year, the guild made and donated 130+ quilts.  It's been really fun being a part of this.
This past Saturday was another Saturday sew day and one that I was actually able to attend.  I knew ahead of time what the pattern was going to be and since my tastes in fabric can be quite different from most of the guild members (I'm 20+ years younger than most of the members), I decided to pull out some fabric from my stash to use.  I had a pile of navy and white strips that I had won as part of Hawthorne Threads weekly #htwipit contest on Instagram a while ago that seemed just perfect for this quilt.
It ended up being a very successful are day for me.  What started as a pile of strips at 9 in the morning ended as a completed quilted (top done, quilted and bound!) by 2:30 that afternoon!  I really do love my new Juki TL2000Qi sewing machine - it churns out a quilt faster than anything!
Hopefully this little quilt will bring comfort to someone going through a difficult life experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment