Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Some New Bunnies in the Works

Just checking in for WIP Wednesday (linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced).
I don't always have good work in progress stuff to share, but today I actually do!  Yesterday morning, I was finishing up a few things to send to my sister for her baby shower this weekend and I just had to make a cute little lovie to add to the box.  I decided to try my hand at drafting a bunny pattern pulling together several sources of inspiration.  This is the first one I made:
With a jingle noise maker inside, softly stuffed, soft velvety minky on the backside, and the sweetest faux fur pom pom trail, this bunny turned out really really cute!  Squeal worthy really. ;)
Since it turned out so cute, I decided to tweak my pattern a bit (always striving for cuteness perfection) and make up some of these for my Etsy shop.  I managed to make another prototype yesterday evening which turned out even better:
My husband was right - the face makes it even cuter!  My youngest saw him sitting on my ironing board this morning and has thoroughly claimed him as his own.
I think I need to make one more pattern tweak and then it'll be mass production time.  Stay tuned for more of these to show up around here.

1 comment:

  1. That bunny is too cute! Great idea with the minky on the back.

    ReplyDelete