Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Mini Lone Star Quilt

I know that the Lone Star quilt design has been around for ages and it's a super traditional quilt, but gaahhh, I can't get rid of the itch of "I must make one!!!"
So, I made one.
And it was really good.
And not hardly scary at all. All thanks to this fabulous tutorial I found by Better Of Thread. Janice was even amazing enough do all the math and provide a chart with numerous different sizes of the Lone Star block.  I ended up going with the smallest sized star finishing at 16" because going tiny with bias edges is always the smart thing to do.... Thankfully though, it did turn out pretty great.
But! But, now that I've made one, I'm even more obsessed! It has only served to fuel the itch, but this time, I'm thinking something more along the lines of a queen sized Lone Star quilt.  Not that I don't all ready have a bagillion quilt ideas being too be made. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment