Sunday, May 26, 2013

Velcro Anyone?

Can I just say how much I love my Little Bear and would do just about anything for him?  
Can I also just say that I love how much money we are saving by using cloth diapers for Little Bear?  
Now can I say, I absolutely dislike the fact that the Velcro tabs that hold the cloth diapers onto Little Bear have completely given out on me and I have been forced to replace said Velcro tabs?  
Yup, this is one of those projects that sit next to my sewing machine and haunt me every time I want to make something new and beautiful because I know that although the end result will be diapers that once again stay on Little Bear, I'm not creating something beautiful, new and shiny.  I have been plugging away on re-doing the Velcro tabs on Little Bear's diapers for several weeks now, working on a few at a time.  The pile of fixed diapers is slowly growing and thankfully the pile of "broken" diapers is slowly shrinking. I think I only have about 10 out of our 40 diapers left to do!  I'm so close to being done and being free!  Wish me luck.
 Oh, and if you ever get the idea to ask me to fix the Velcro tabs on your cloth diapers - just don't, because I'll say no even though I'll feel bad for you and then we will both end up being sad.  Sewing Velcro - especially very sticky Velcro - is not something any sewing machine likes to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment