Friday, February 20, 2015

A Few Small Finishes

 I'm linking up with Amanda over at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday today.  I have a couple of small finishes to show although they aren't my only finishes from the week but I'll post about my quilty finishes later once I get a chance to properly photograph everything.  
My first finish is a stack of note cards that I put together earlier this week on a day I was without my sewing machine.  My machine had to go into the shop to be serviced and have a minor repair done, so I was desperate to be doing anything crafty with fabric.  I had a pile of little triangles that I had trimmed off my Hazel the Hedgehog quilt I was working on and decided to actually put them to good use (especially since I was desperate - serious fabric addict over here!).  And this the result of a morning spent gluing fabric scraps onto blank cards in between chasing two kiddos around. 
 I can see some possible future quilt designs on these cards.  And now I have some scrap happy cards to pull from!  (oh and Thank you Amanda for the inspiration!)
Oh, as a note - I used an Elmer's glue stick to stick the fabric scraps onto the card stock since I didn't have my sewing machine when I was making these.  I seems to hold the fabric on securely enough without wrinkling the paper. 
And for my other non-quilty finish this week - I put together this set of four monogrammed open wide zippered pouches.  I used my go-to pattern for zippered pouches by Anna over at Noodlehead blog.  I added an inch in each direction to the smallest size and appliqued the letters onto the front of each bag before I sewed them all together. 
A cute set of pouches for four cute little sisters. 

4 comments:

  1. I thought Amanda's cards were awesome, and now these! Boy, those turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards and pouches are wonderful. So satisfying to have to have handmade things to hand for when you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, gives me ideas to do with triangles leftover from making binding.

    ReplyDelete