Friday, February 27, 2015

Toddler Messenger Bag

I love 3 year olds!  They are the best! (and sometimes the worst too ;)) 
This week I've been working on making a new tote bag for myself and my 3 year old asked me so sweetly if I could make a bag for him too.  How can I say no?
So I pulled out a handful of novelty print fabric from my stash that I thought he would like.  He of coarse picked the puppies!  He stipulated that the bag have puppies and blue on the outside and mustaches on the inside.  (if you hear how he says mustache - you would die from cuteness overload!)
Just the other day, I say Miggy from This Little Miggy Stayed Home blog post a tutorial on how to make a toddler messenger bag.  I knew this bag would be perfect for the bag my 3 year old wanted me to make him.  The tutorial was pretty easy to follow along with.  I made a few minor adjustments to the pattern - I added a light weight interfacing to the outside fabric to give the bag a little big of body, and I made the strap a little differently.  It was a pretty quick sew too.  It took me most of the morning to make it from pulling the fabric, cutting everything out and sewing it all together.  I probably could have gotten it done sooner if I wasn't chasing two kiddos around! 
End result - Bear had a finished Messenger Bag right before lunch time.
 He wasted no time and stuffed it full of toys and treasures so he could go on adventures with it! ;) 
 And as an added bonus, I was able to made a little open wide zipper pouch from the little bit of puppy fabric I had left over.  
Oh, and everything for the messenger bag and the pouch was from my stash!  Hurray for another  Sew My Stash 2015 project! 
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment