Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pile of Softness

A week ago, I had this pile of deliciously soft minky and flannel fabric sitting on my cutting counter staring at me - begging me to be turned into a pile of deliciously soft baby blankets.  Well, actually this pile of softness has been sitting in a heap in my craft closet since I went a little crazy during Joann's Black Friday and Christmas sales....But anyways, it was time to finally give this pile of plush cuteness some attention. 
Well, I may or may not have gotten sidetracked by a few other projects (which I'll go into in another blog post) including this pile of pacifier clips/leashes for my Etsy shop. 
Anyways, I managed to regain enough focus between Friday and Monday to actually get that pile of softness turned into baby blankets.  
 There are so many beautiful baby blankets in that pile!  I'm refraining from claiming any of these for my boys since I all ready have several of these type of blankets that I use daily for them.  But really aren't these the cutest? 
I love how they all turned out!  Yesterday morning, I had a chance to properly photograph all these baby blankets plus the pile of pacifier clips/leashes.  Of coarse my boys wanted to "help":
 And make sure that I get a good photo of Superman:

 And be ridiculously cute yet uncooperative baby blanket models: 
 During their nap time yesterday afternoon, I listed everything in my Etsy shop. The baby blanket section and the pacifier clip/leash section were both looking a little spars after Christmas, so it was good to get some new stock into my shop. 
Not necessarily the most glamorous sewing, but it pays for this crazy obsessive hobby of mine.  Plus, I get a weird thrill out of figuring out quicker ways to mass assemble a product while still maintaining my high standard of quality in the things I sew and sell.  Ehhh - gotta get my kicks and giggles somehow, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment