Wednesday, January 20, 2016

In Que

In honor of WIP Wednesday (hosted by Lee over on Freshly Pieced), I thought I'd post some of my current wips.
After sewing like a crazy person for most of the fall and leading up to Christmas for craft shows and Christmas gifts, I unofficially officially declared January to be the month of sewing and quilting the quilts I want to work on which usually get shoved to the bottom in the to do list including a few for myself just because.  There have been a few other small projects mixed in - mostly baby shower gifts and a few custom orders for Etsy.  So anyways, as of right now, I have 7 quilts (mostly twin sized or larger) in the que that I'm actively working on - because yes, I find it impossible to work in just one thing at a time ;)
So here there are (sorry for the kind of crappy photos...).  I'm hoping to have most of them quilted and in use within the next few weeks. I even have all of the fabric for backing and bindings and thread I need so hopefully i can get then done without having to wait for something. Wish me luck! 
First up, this quilt had been in progress for a while - namely , I think it's my oldest work in progress (WIP). It's for my husband and I finally got the quilt top finished in time for Christmas this year.  It's weird to work on a quilt that I started so long ago because my tastes have really changed and I can see a definite improvement in my skill as well.  
Next up is this twin sized quilt for my youngest son.  I'm actually ahead of the game on this one because it's for when he moves into a big boy bed which hopefully shouldn't be for another 6-8 months.  
After 6 boys being born on my side of the family in the last 5 years, one of my sisters is expecting a baby girl in March!  Naturally, I had to make her a quilt especially when I saw this fabric in my local quilt shop. 
And then I have 4 quilts in making just for myself.  My dear sweet husband says we all ready have too many quilts.  Silly man - you can never have too many beautiful quilts around. ;) I just won't tell him about all the quilts I have placed in my head! ;)
First up, this beauty which will be a new queen sized quilt for our bed.
Then this maple leaf one which I started last spring and was supposed to be done and on there coach by this past fall.  Oh well - fall 2016 here it comes!
I also want to finish up my quilt from the quilting bee I was a part of this past year.  I finished piecing the last 2 blocks I needed, so I just need to assemble and decide on boarders.
And finally, I got a jelly roll of winterberry fabric before Christmas and i finally settled on a pattern to use to make myself a Christmas quilt for Christmas 2016.  Here's the start of it that I threw up in the design wall to get an idea of how it would look.
So yeah, just a few wips I want to get finished up soon as I've got some big things planned this year that'll including sewing samples for my local quilt shop, selling some of my things in another shop in Traverse City, and getting a head start for craft shows (so I'm not stress sewing at the last minute!). Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment