Thursday, January 21, 2016

Why I Quilt

Something pretty cool happened this week for the local quilt guild that I'm a part of - we made the local news for our charity quilt project!  We made and donated over 130 quilts in 2015 to various organizations in the area (over 8 of those were quilts I had made and donated, and you can see a few of them here).  Several of these organizations (such as the Benzie Council on Aging, Benzie County Fire Departments and EMS, The Lighthouse Neurological Rehabilitation Center. Munson Hospice House, and Munson NIC Unit and Pediatrics) are places that have a continual need for more quilts so the guild is planning on making quarterly donations to those places throughout 2016.
Here's one of the comfort quilts that I helped to finish just this month (pieced by another member in the quilt guild, quilted and bound by me).
It's pretty exciting to be a part of something like this and to find a way to make a small difference in the lives of people in my community with the sewing and quilting skills that I've been given.  If you want to check out the full news story, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment