Sunday, July 27, 2014

Superheroes and Little Boys

Within the past three years, I went from having no little boys in my life to having two sons and five nephews!  Yup, that's seven(!) amazing little boys and not a single girl.  But I wouldn't trade a single one of them as they all are just the best. 
Here in the month of July, two of my nephews (who are also brothers) have birthdays!  Well actually, they will have birthdays together in the month of July since the younger one was just born this past week.  Anyways, I wanted to make a little something special for the older nephew who was having his second birthday this July.  His daddy is quite obsessed with superheroes and when I spotted this bright batman and superman novelty fabric into Joann's the other day, I knew just what I wanted to make for him.  I ended up whipping together two open wide zippered pouches (by Anna at Noodlehead) and a drawstring backpack.  I used Jeni's (of In Color Order) drawstring bag pattern as the basis for the backpack and with a few minor adjustments including sewing the drawstrings into the bottom corners of the bag, it turned out pretty well.  These bags will be perfect for storing all the treasures that any little boy has.
Little Bear also helped me to pick out some superhero toy cars for his cousin.  These finished up our box of present and after only 2.5 weeks in the mail, the package of presents found its way to my nephew just in time for his birthday.  My sister says he loves the gifts...although he thinks the bags make excelent hats!! 
More superheroey adventures to come I'm sure as my husband, brother-in-law, and little bear were all eying these bags as their own!
Stay tuned!

~maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment