Thursday, July 24, 2014

Oh Hello!

I just checked on my blog today, and I realized it's been almost 4 months since I wrote a blog post!!  Eeep what happened?  Oh yeah -  Life is what happened.  
The first thing that happened is I got addicted to Instagram - big time (which you can find me at Magalin0229).  While I was at Camp Stitchalot in March, I was introduced to Instagram and told that I had to check it out.  Well, I checked it out and I'm hooked! I love the instant gratification that comes from sharing things I'm working on and things that I've literally just finished!  And for a mom of two little boys on the go - it's perfect!  And yes, I "overgram" my boys.  But when you have two cuties, it's hard not to do. 
And the second major life thing that happened to make me go MIA for a bit was this little cutie was born!!  
Say "hi" to Wesley David!  I seriously could not have asked for a cuter or more content little boy.  He is perfect and I'm quite taken with him.  His older brother (Little Bear) goes between being completely taken with Wes and completely ignoring him. 
So yes, Life happened.  But trust me, this girl's sewing machine hasn't been neglected at all!  If anything, even when I don't have time for anything else, I've made time to sit at my sewing machine for even 20 minutes here and there. In the midst of the final months of pregnancy and the first (almost) two months of having a little baby around, sewing has really been my sanity.  Which when I explain it to most people they just look at me funny and even my sweet husband who is so supportive still thinks I'm a little crazy and obsessed when it comes to sewing.  But I refuse to give it up!  Sewing - even sewing for others - is MY thing just for me.  
The first project I jumped into after baby Wes was born was three open wide zippered pouch by Noodlehead.  After having a kind of rough birth experience with Little Bear, the birthing experience we had with Wesley was a relief and so easy and I attribute so much of the positive experience to two amazing nurses and midwife who were in attendance during everything.  I wanted to make them something special as a thank afterwards and a few days after we got home from the hospital and life started to kind of find it's new rhythm, I sat down at my sewing machine, pulled out some fiercly hoarded fabric and whipped together these three pouches.  
I made sure to stuff them with goodies before I sent them out too.  
Lots more sewing and creating and life have been happening since our little guy was born.  I really do intend to get back into sharing some of it here on my blog because as great as Instagram is, I miss sharing the process with you all. 
Stay tuned!  

~maggie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment