Friday, March 29, 2013

Pleating, Pipping, and Intefacing

This spring while Joann Fabric's was having their spring sale on their fabrics, I picked up some adorable floral prints in grew and yellow that just screamed spring.  I knew that this coordinating fabric deserved to be made into something special. For some time I had been looking for something to test my skills on the sewing machine and learn some new sewing techniques.  I stumbled upon this adorable pleated, lined handbag through Pinterest and it seemed like just the perfect project.  Not only would the cute fabric that I was dying to use look fantastic made into this handbag, but I could learn some new sewing techniques!!
And after 3-4 evening spent painstakingly cutting out the pattern, learning how to work with interfacing and fusible fleece, sewing in pipping, I did it!  I think it turned out pretty well and its now become my handbag of choice when running errands or going to church. I love how happy and cheerful this bag is. :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment