Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dumplings


So I am have stumbled upon a new zippered small bag making obsession.  I've been seeing bags called Dumpling Pouches popping up on Instagram - actually, there are whole swaps devoted to making theme related dumpling pouches and swapping them with other participants.  Anyways, they are super cute and something that has been on my never ending to-make list for a while.  I made my first one for the March queen bee of the quilting bee I'm in.  
Lets just say that the dumpling pouch turned out even cuter in person that what it looks in photos.  The next day, I decided to make a four more.
This one is made from the scraps left over from the Cotton & Steel Tudor Bag I made.  It's the perfect size to hold an EPP project that I can throw in my bag and take around with me. 
This one is for my Spring Fling Mini Quilt swap partner.  She says she likes Tula Pink and I loved having a chance to cut into this Tula Pink Moonshine print called "Forest Frivolity in Sky".  Tula really is the queen of making fabric made for fussy cutting.
This one was made from Black Yarn Dyed Essex Linen on the outside with a dark red zipper.  I love how the red pops on the Essex Linen.  I lined this one with red fabric that coordinates with the zipper.  It was made as a gift for my husband's Aunt's 80th birthday.  Hopefully she will like it.
And I made one more that's rather super hero themed for my husband's upcoming 30th birthday.  Thankfully, he doesn't read this blog so I'm not ruining the surprise.  :)
I definitely see more of these little cuties in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment