Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Teddy Bear

 For Christmas, my husband bought me this Teddy Bear pattern from Dolls and Daydreams.  It's been on my list to make for quite a while, but there always seems to be something else more important to make.  Well, last Thursday, I needed a break from what I was working on and decided to pull out this pattern and give it a go.  
 I pulled out some Cotton & Steel August Stampede in Navy that I had in my stash and pared it with some Kona Wasabi which matched the yellow/green colors in the Cotton & Steel fabric perfectly!  I also had some brown felt in my stash that nicely complimented the Cotton & Steel fabric as well. 
 The pattern was very well written and easy to follow.  I started cutting out the teddy bear Thursday during the boys' nap time and finished it Friday.  I LOVE how the bear turned out - the way the colors work together is just perfect!
 I listed this bear in my Etsy shop Friday afternoon, and within 30 minutes of listing this bear, he had all ready been snatched up!  Not going to lie - it was a little bit of a confidence booster to have him purchased so quickly.  Especially since I know the person who bought him, and she is someone who I highly respect in the quilting/sewing community.  Her sense of color use and design have been a huge inspiration to me and has encouraged me to try new things in unexpected ways in my sewing and quilting.  He couldn't be going to a better home. :)
 Also, I finally go around to using some grosgrain ribbon I received as a Christmas gift to make myself some label tags to use on the things I make to sell.  This teddy bear ended up being the first thing I've ever put my name on to sell.  It felt so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment