Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teeny Tiny Flying Geese

 Foundation paper piecing is addicting. 
Teeny tiny foundation paper pieced flying geese - even more addicting.
I Love the look of paper pieced flying geese, and Kelly Liddle of Jeli Quilts has definitely played a part in my obsession with tiny paper pieced flying geese.  If you want to know what I mean, just check out her blog or her Instagram feed to see what I mean.  She is a master at the teeny tiny paper pieced flying geese.
Making tiny flying geese has been on my to-make list for a while, and I finally had a good excuse to get around to making some - I needed to make a name tag to wear for when I attend the local quilt guild meeting.  So, I pulled the smallest flying geese template from Kelly's Goose Dash quilt pattern and then shrunk it.  I think I printed it as 80%, and I added some width to all sides of the flying geese in order to make the name tag the right side.  Added a little embroidery for my name, lightly quilted it and tada - a nice little quilted name tag.
The ladies at the quilt guild were impressed with the tiny geese - always nice to impress ladies who have been sewing/quilting probably longer than I've even been around for. 
Oh yeah - and as much as I am loving my new found skills in paper piecing, I still can't get over that making a little 4"x6" paper pieced name tag can produce this large of a pile in trimming:

No comments:

Post a Comment